*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
This Training is funded through the Mecklenburg County Health Department (MCHD) Health Literacy and COVID-19 Plan, a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health (OMH) grant initiative.
Encouraging COVID-19 safety and vaccination among underserved populations is a goal for this initiative. The “Microlearning Video Series: What is COVID-19 and What Do We Know About It as of Today?” will provide participants with a basic understanding of COVID-19.
Videos in the Microlearning series include:
• What is Covid-19?
• Covid-19 Symptons
• Covid-19 Testing
• Medical Conditions and COVID-19
• How Covid-19 vaccines work?
• COVID-19 Booster Shots
• What to Do If You Are Sick
• Things to Think About: Planning Activities Around COVID-19
• Domestic Travel During Covid-19
• What About Covid-19 and pets?
• Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination
Completion of the series will require participants to take post tests and an evaluation prior to receiving the certification of completion.
Who Should Attend?
Community Health Workers / Citizen Advocations and other interested individuals part of the Mecklenburg County Health Department (MCHD) Health Literacy and COVID-19 Plan.
The Microlearning Series will be made available through the Charlotte AHEC website within the MyAHEC portal. Follow the steps below to begin the series.
1. Log into My Courses and Events on the Charlotte AHEC Website
2. Locate and click on the course
3. You can now begin the course by clicking on "Start Learning Now."
Continuing Education Credits include:
(You MUST completed the entire video series to receive credit)
Kelly Blasky MPH, 704-512-6523